I think I just created my first “real” PHP program.
It’s a User Registration Form which does the following:
- checks if username entered is at least 4 char long
- the email address entered is valid format (but no checking if real or fake)
- the password is at least 6 char long
- and matches the verify password field
- the username entered is unique, and not already used
- sends an email confirmation to user with a random code
- and displays a thank you message for a successful registration
- else display an error page with the specific error message
Next program to do is the verification program. I plan to embed the URL in the email confirmation message. All the user need to do is click on it.